Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Winter Whiteness

Turns out we are having one of the coldest Winter's in about 30 years. Great. Just what I needed after 3 back-to-back Summers. Although, these Northern hemisphere ones barely cut the mustard.

I am still deciding whether I like this cold Winter. It does mean some of the white stuff and reduces the chances of rain, but it is cold. Here's where I begin my journey to work. This is my first stretch of road next to our place. Yes, I am still riding my bicycle to the train station.
A picture of our local circus.
Where I catch the train in Vauxhall.
And where I get off in Twickenham. There was a lot more snow the further you get away from central London.
When I get to work.
Bella had heaps of snow out near her work. So much so that she worked from home a couple of days. Although she did make it in one day when about only 50 of the 150 worker's in her council office turned up.
And at the back.
But it does mean there are some nice places to explore that look completely different. This is Wimbledon Common.
Just warming up the snowboarding jackets for a couple of weeks time.
A snowman
The sculptures got pretty creative. (An elephant)
About as big a hill as you get in London. Sleds and sledders of all shapes and sizes.
A picture perfect pine.
But mostly, it was nice just to wander wherever you like and get lost.
Or have a seat.

And my first attempt at rolling up a snowman ball.


It didn't get much further than this.